Asia Pacific Technology Leader, Global Trade Advisory Practice
11/2016 – Present
Leading Deloitte’s trade technology efforts in Asia Pacific, specializing in global trade management (GTM) solutions (trade automation), global trade technology strategy, and data analytics tools. We take a technology agnostic approach, and support our clients with implementations, solution assessments, and trade advisory services of GTM solutions offered by SAP (GTS), Oracle (GTM), MIC (Global Customs Management), and Thomson Reuters (ONESOURCE Global Trade), to name a few.
In addition to providing GTM implementation services, Deloitte provides a suite of customs analytics and FTA tools. Global Trade Radar is one example, a customs analytics tools which provides insights and analysis of your global trade data, while identifying savings opportunities and compliance risks.
Through our tools, advisory, and implementation services, we help businesses identify compliance issues, risks, and savings opportunities. To read more about Global Trade Radar, visit this link: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/dk/Documents/tax/GTR_Factsheet1.pdf
For an interesting read on what SAP GTS can do for your business, check out “Implementing SAP Global Trade Services” published by SAP Press (https://www.sap-press.com/implementing-sap-global-trade-services_3567/) and co-authored by several of Deloitte’s global customs, tax, and trade professionals.
– Focused on IT strategy, management, and global recruiting
– Head of the global Customer Solutions team. This team consisted of 8 regional delivery and operations teams and a HQ based team (which functioned as a Center of Excellence, Global IT Ops, and Global Solution Delivery team)
– As head of global customs solutions and as regional Asia CIO for Uniqlo, responsibilities included: driving/managing Uniqlo IT strategy/operations for the Uniqlo brand in 17 countries, through a network of client managers and teams based out of 11 countries (US, France, UK, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Russia, and Japan)
– Regional IT team’s roles and responsibilities: regional solution delivery/project management, new store openings, new market entry, vendor management, IT procurement, IT support management, and regional IT strategy
– IT strategy and client management for the global Uniqlo businesses
– Global organizational development and structure optimization for team unification/professionalization across all regions and brands
– Recruiting, training and development of strategic regional leaders
– Creation/implementation of global operating standards and procedures based on best practices
– Implementation/improvement of global communication through tools and processes
– Strengthen/establish cross-departmental communication and relationships, as well as, global process integration across all departments
Awards and Certificates:
Global Organizational Development – FR Awards 2015
Abercrombie and Fitch
Senior Manager, IT – Global Services & Solutions (APAC, EMEA, USA)
08/2009 – 10/2014
Previous Positions Held:
Regional IT Manager, Asia Pacific Region (11/2010 – 02/2013)
Regional IT Manager, Japan (08/2009 – 11/2010)
While based out of Abercrombie and Fitch’s European headquarters, I was responsible for driving regional IT strategy and managing/building the global IT services & solutions team. The global team consisted of several regional IT teams based out of Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America.
My teams were responsible for solution delivery, new market entry, infrastructure support, IT support management, vendor management, and new store opening/project management to over 150 stores/offices across 20 countries.
My teams also played key roles in regional data center management/support, regional IT procurement and governance, global vendor management / selection, and global RFP activities.
Over a period of 5 years, I worked for Abercrombie and Fitch in both Tokyo and London, building and developing the global IT services & solutions team.
Location – Tokyo, Japan & London, United Kingdom
NICHIAI KK 株式会社ニチアイ
IT Director, Projects and Infrastructure
03/2007 – 07/2009
Taking on the role of IT Director at Nichiai was a challenging and extremely rewarding experience. With the knowledge learned and skills obtained from my previous roles, I was able to build out Nichiai’s IT professional services unit, in the areas of IT managed services, project management, and consulting services.
I managed several IT teams – an IT support team, a project management team, and a consulting team. I focused on adding new services to Nichiai’s portfolio, with the goal of adding higher profit margin services and establishing steady long term revenue streams. My role extended outside of IT management, as I was also in charge of the IT sales team. Management responsibilities included planning yearly CAPEX/OPEX budgets, managing the P&L for my division, and ensuring profitable products and services were being offered.
I reported directly to the president and CEO, and drove strategic direction of my division and the IT professional services our company offered. I introduced several new service offerings to our customers, most notably, project management and advisory services through our project management division. With this additional service line, we were able to substantially increase our revenue and profitability. We were also able to add fortune 500 clients to our portfolio and further drive visibility of the Nichiai brand in the market, as a trusted IT service and solution provider.
Location – Tokyo, Japan
Title Changes and Promotions:
IT Director, IT Projects and Infrastructure (7/2007 – 7/2009)
IT Manager (3/2007 – 7/2007)
Awards and Certificates:
Nichiai Award 2008
Best Customer Service 2008
Best Innovation & Company Improvement 2008
Best Innovation & Company Improvement 2007
11/1999 – 06/2004
– Primarily responsible for marketing the latest Apple products and services to university students and facility in the Orange County and Greater Los Angeles areas
– Managed client relationships and assisted the regional sales executive with on-campus sales presentations, new product demonstrations, and market feasibility studies
– Acted as the main business connector between the end-users/clients and the Apple sales and support teams
– Planned and executed on-campus marketing campaigns and training events to promote new lines of Apple products and services
Location – Orange County & Los Angeles, California
Wells Fargo Bank and Co.
Personal Banker I
10/2000 – 9/2002
I worked as a personal banker selling checking accounts, savings accounts, home loans, home equity loans/lines of credit, as well as, investment securities.
The branch I worked at was an in-store branch, which was open 7 days a week. In addition to my personal banker responsibilities, I was responsible for branch operations and management tasks during my weekend shifts, where I was acting manager. Given this unique working environment, at a young age, I was able to gain experience in both sales of financial services/products and management of bank retail operations.
After having a very successful first two quarters in the company, I was quickly promoted from a Customer Sales Representative, to a Personal Banker I. At the time, I was the youngest Personal Banker in the Los Angeles / Orange County district. I was entrusted with a tremendous amount of responsibility at a very early point in my career. Luckily, I had an amazing manager/mentor, Yolanda Slim, whom I learned so many things from. I still keep in contact with her to this day!
Awards and Certificates:
Wells Fargo & Co. Certificate in Securities
Home Equity Loan & Lines of Credit Certification
Qualified Personal Banker of Certificates of Deposit
Location – Orange County, California