Trade Technology Leader, Asia
Global Trade Advisory, APAC Center of Excellence
11/2016 – Present
- Trade technology leader for Deloitte’s Asia Pacific Global Trade Advisory CoE (a network of 200+ trade professionals across 18 member firms). Responsible for strategic direction, operational execution, and overall technology leadership.
- Lead the development of Asia’s delivery capabilities of Global Trade Management solutions (SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, Thomson Reuters OneSource, etc.) and the localization/go-to-market efforts of Deloitte’s global suite of trade technology tools (e.g. Global Trade Radar).
- Advise clients at the senior leadership level (VP/CXO) in the aerospace, pharmaceutical, hi-tech, retail, and automotive industries, on trade technology strategy and trade automation/analytics solutions.
- Lead business development efforts and establish market eminence through various activities: public speaking engagements, promotion of solutions at trade shows, and publication of thought leadership.
- Interested in trade automation? Read up on what SAP GTS can do for your business, check out “Implementing SAP Global Trade Services” published by SAP Press (https://www.sap-press.com/implementing-sap-global-trade-services_3567/) and authored by Deloitte’s SAP GTS CoE.
Location – Tokyo, Japan
- Based out of Fast Retailing’s global HQ and reporting to the global COO of IT & Group CIO
- Focused on IT strategy, management, and global recruiting
- Head of the global Customer Solutions team. This team consisted of 8 regional delivery and operations teams and a HQ based team (which functioned as a Center of Excellence, Global IT Ops, and Global Solution Delivery team)
- As head of global customs solutions and as regional Asia CIO for Uniqlo, responsibilities included: driving/managing Uniqlo IT strategy/operations for the Uniqlo brand in 17 countries, through a network of client managers and teams based out of 11 countries (US, France, UK, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Russia, and Japan)
- Regional IT team’s roles and responsibilities: regional solution delivery/project management, new store openings, new market entry, vendor management, IT procurement, IT support management, and regional IT strategy
- IT strategy and client management for the global Uniqlo businesses
- Global organizational development and structure optimization for team unification/professionalization across all regions and brands
- Recruiting, training and development of strategic regional leaders
- Creation/implementation of global operating standards and procedures based on best practices
- Implementation/improvement of global communication through tools and processes
- Strengthen/establish cross-departmental communication and relationships, as well as, global process integration across all departments
- Global Organizational Development – FR Awards 2015
Location – Tokyo, Japan
Abercrombie and Fitch
Senior Manager, IT – IT Customer Services (APAC, EMEA, US)
08/2009 – 10/2014
- Whilst based out of Abercrombie and Fitch’s European headquarters, I was responsible for driving regional IT strategy and managing/building the global IT Customer Services team. The global team consisted of several regional IT teams based out of Europe, The Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America.
- My teams were responsible for new market entry, infrastructure support, local solution delivery, IT support management, vendor management, and new store opening/project management to over 150 stores/offices across 20 countries.
- My teams also played key roles in regional data center management/support, global vendor management/selection, and global RFP activities.
- Over a period of 5 years, I worked for Abercrombie and Fitch in both Tokyo and London, building and developing the global IT Customer Services team.
Previous Positions Held:
- Regional IT Manager, Asia Pacific (11/2010 – 02/2013)
- Regional IT Manager, Japan (08/2009 – 11/2010)
Location – Tokyo, Japan & London, United Kingdom
NICHIAI KK 株式会社ニチアイ
IT Director, Projects and Infrastructure
03/2007 – 07/2009
- Taking on the role of IT Director at Nichiai was a challenging and extremely rewarding experience. With the knowledge learned and skills obtained from my previous roles, I was able to build out Nichiai’s IT professional services arm, in the areas of IT managed services, project management, and consulting services.
- I managed several technical teams – an IT support team, a project management team, and a consulting team. I focused my efforts on creating new service offerings, with the goal of higher profit margin services, steady revenue, and longer project cycles.
- My role extended outside of IT management, as I was also in charge of the IT sales team. Management responsibilities included planning yearly CAPEX/OPEX budgets, managing the P&L for my division, and ensuring profitable products and services were being offered.
- I reported directly to the CEO, and drove strategic direction of the IT division and its portfolio of services. I hired and developed staff to enable the IT division to provide services to our clients, which he had not previously offered, most notably, our project management services unit. With this additional service line, we were able to substantially increase our revenue and profitability. We were also able to add fortune 500 companies to our portfolio of clients and further drive visibility of the Nichiai brand in the local market, as a trusted IT service provider.
Location – Tokyo, Japan
- Nichiai Award 2008
- Best Customer Service 2008
- Best Innovation & Company Improvement 2008
- Best Innovation & Company Improvement 2007
11/1999 – 06/2004
- Primarily responsible for marketing the latest Apple products and services to university students and faculty in the Orange County and Greater Los Angeles areas
- Managed client relationships and assisted the regional sales executive with on-campus sales presentations, new product demonstrations, and market feasibility studies
- Acted as the main business connector between the end-users/clients and the Apple sales and support teams
- Planned and executed on-campus marketing campaigns and training events to promote new lines of Apple hardware and services
Location – Orange County & Los Angeles, California
Wells Fargo Bank and Co.
10/2000 – 9/2002
- Held position of Personal Banker. Responsible for providing customer service and managing clients financial accounts (checking, savings, home loans, home equity loans/lines of credit, and limited investment security products).
- In addition to my personal banker responsibilities, I was responsible for branch operations and management tasks during weekend shifts, wherein I assumed role as branch manager.
- Given this unique working environment, I was able to gain experience in both sales of financial services/products and operations management.
Location – Orange County, California